Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Vacation

We were on vacation last week. Matt's sister got married at a winery in California. It was a beautiful wedding and a great vacation. I'm going to make multiple posts so I can organize my thoughts.

Let's see, we left home at 3:30am Thursday morning and set off for a long day. I dreaded the flight with the kids as all previous flights had been torture. They've apparently grown quite a bit because they were such angels. Skyler still had to pee everytime the captain turned off the seat belt light, but overall it was a great trip. Can I just take this moment to thank AirTran Airways for installing XM radio? Both kids sat and listened to radio Disney back and forth across the country. It was fantastic!

Anyway, Lu picked us up at the airport, then we rushed to her house, met up with Ben & Shelle and Noah and Bryce (who we met for the first time) and then got dressed and rushed out to the wedding rehearsal. It was chaotic to say the least. Getting that many people where they needed to be was insane. It all worked out and we got there eventually.

Skyler was THRILLED to see Grandpa after two years. Here are a few pics with her and Grandpa & Grandma Debbie and Noah:





This was a great time for the rehearsal and we're glad it was outside. Most of us hadn't seen each other in a year or two so there were lots of hugs and laughs.



The kids ran around...




We rehearsed, which I don't have pics of because, well we were rehearsing. We were a little busy convincing all six kids what they should be doing.

Then Jeff & Jessica treated us to dinner at Oggi's. Great time was had by all, especially the kids. They made full use of the mini-arcade and Grandpa's wallet. Jess & Jeff gave them all bears dressed as ring bearers or flower girls.



I also got to meet up with my friend Trevor who I hadn't seen in three years. I got to meet his new wife Heather too. We sat and talked in the bar while Skyler fell asleep in my lap and Zack played video chess at the bar with some guy who he kept convincing to plug quarters into the machine.

I was up a full 24 hours after driving my group home (I was dd). I crashed HARD that night, uh, morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...