Sunday, September 23, 2007

Let's get tattoos

Matt and I were supposed to go out with our friends Tom and Jenn Saturday night. Tom got sick and we found ourselves with a babysitter and nothing to do. Matt is on a great diet so we didn't want to go out to eat. Matt's been wanting to get a new tattoo for ages and we've tossed around the idea of a matching design and even sort of found something based on Shamrocks which are meaningful for us since I'm Irish and we got married on March 18th (close enough). We met and liked an artist from the Blue Horseshoe Tattoo parlor so we decided to drive by there and see if they were busy and if I had enough courage to go through with it. I got a snowflake tattoed on my back 9 years ago. It freakin hurt, BAD. I swore I'd never do another one but... like baby labor, you forget what the pain feels like.

We talked to Mike "the Kosher Kid" and agreed on a design for Matt and a design for me that incorporated elements from Matt's design but was teeny tiny to minimize pain. Then they said that I could go first. YIKES - I immediately got hot. We filled out the forms. Jason, the office guy, declared that I was "difficult" which made my heart swell. I pride myself on being difficult :-) Then Mike was ready for me.

Copied it to my foot:

Came at me with the needle:

Holy CRAP - YUP that HURTS!

Didn't feel so bad when he'd stop:

WHY did I agree to this?

JESUS MARY AND AGNES!

Isn't the green pretty?

TaDa!


The star was to match Matt's tattoo which I'll show you in a sec. The shamrocks are for my little good luck charms, Zack & Skyler. After staring at it all weekend and feeling like it wasn't quite right Matt and I have come up with an addition that I'll make to it when I get the courage back up to go back. Oh and go back and look at the pics again. Do you see the guy behind me getting the inner part of his arm tattoed? Yeah, he just snoozed through his whole tattoo. He never flinched or really acted like anything besides a nap was going on. What is wrong with these people?

On to Matt. He chose a nautical star with shamrocks on the insides of the points.








We spent like three hours at the Blue Horseshoe. Everyone was SO nice and professional. Mike, our tattoo artist, was really nice and answered the thousand questions we asked him as he worked. Mike and Amy came down to join in the entertainment. I needed all the support I could get. Off to apply another layer of bacitracin...

3 comments:

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...