Monday, September 10, 2007

What's new...

I haven't posted in a few days because I haven't uploaded any new pictures but... I guess I don't HAVE to provide pictures.

Anyway, Zack's first week of school went great. He really likes 1st Grade. The best part so far, according to Zack, is lunch. ;-) I think he's somewhat bored this week as he's going from class to class having to hear "the rules" over and over. He has PE everyday and art, computers, library, and music once per week each. His teacher seems very nice and really on the ball. She sent him a note before school to welcome him to her class and then she called one night last week to invite us to Open House. I really like her so far.

Matt is working hard. He had his 30th birthday on Saturday. Big boy finally hit the big numbers. I think he was a little bit sad. He's the youngest (by far) of the couples that we hang out with, now he's just another person in their 30's. We went out for Sushi with our friends Mike & Amy, our birthday tradition. The guys drank 4, yes 4, bottles of Saki and made friends with Bruce the Sushi chef who produced a jar of his own Japanese Moonshine. He ladled it into shot glasses for Matt, Mike and the guys at the table next to us. They were all breathing fire. Then we got the great idea to go to a tatoo shop, thankfully they were closing as we were walking in so not much drunken damage could be done. He starts Nutrisystem today. I'll post before/after pictures when he gets to his goal weight. He got all his supplies last week and was really excited. He's got a diet buddy so they should be able to support each other really well. I'm excited for him!

Skyler started dance class today. Her daycare coordinated with a local dance studio to have dance class in the gym of daycare one day per week. I can't wait to hear whether she likes it. She was up early talking my ears off this morning, so that's a good sign.

Oh here are a couple of pictures:

First day of school (he looks thrilled doesn't he?)


Sitting at his new desk, writing his name for his teacher:


As my mother would say, that's all the news that's fit to print...

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know Zack was a lefty!!

    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...