Monday, November 19, 2007

Back at School...

After having been out for a week of school, Zack's first day back was a bit strenuous. For starters, he was nervous last night so he couldn't sleep. It was after 11:00 the last time I remember telling him to get back in bed. I finally turned my light off and pretended to be asleep so he could crawl in my bed and let himself fall asleep. He has some stealth, he crept in, sat lightly on the bed, eased himself under the covers. I fear he'll be an expert at sneaking in past curfew. He was up by 4:30 complaining that his ears hurt which the doc warned us about (did I mention that? I can't rememeber). He took his medication and was up again when I got up at 6:00.

Matt says he went off to school okay but at 10:45 I got a call from the school nurse telling me that he was in pain, no fever, and could I bring his medication to school. I did that. I just got another call at 2:30 telling me he was resting in the nurses office through P.E. I explained to his teacher and the nurse that if I brought him home today, he'd want to come home again tomorrow. He's been really great all week. I think he's tired and needs to ease back into class work. They agreed to keep him quiet and take it easy. His doctor really urged not stopping normal activity for more than a week. I have that giant pile of Mommy Guilt riding on my back, but, he's there until I can get there at 4:15. Poor Baby! He's going to bed at 6:00 ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...