Wednesday, November 07, 2007

If you hear a rumor about some fussy mom who actually put make-up on her four year old for her preschool pictures - don't be too mean, that was me.Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

You see, Skyler should live in a bubble. At the very least she needs one of those bubble helmets that astronauts wear. You all remember that she has had stitches on her forehead TWICE? She's four years old remember? Remember? Yesterday I get a phone call from the director of her preschool saying that another child had thrown a baby doll at Skyler and she has a good size scratch on her face. Oh really? Why am I not surprised? When I get there to pick her up there is a big sign in the front saying that school pictures are the next morning. GREAT! The scratch is about the size of a thumbnail and is under her left eye. She looks like she got in a fight. So, what's a mother to do? I put a little make-up on it. If I let her get every school picture done without any enhancements, it would be a slide show of injuries from year to year. That just isn't what I want to remember.

SO - when you get the forwarded email telling the shocks and horrors of Preschool Moms, don't bother snope-ing it. They're true!


She's got her own sense of style doesn't she?

2 comments:

  1. I've considered it, and mine is only 10 months old! Nearly every picture taken of her in the past 4 months shows her sporting a bruise (or 5 of them) or a scratch or something! I was beginning to fear someone would call child services until I noticed every other child in her daycare class also sported injuries.

    Hope everyone is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just don't turn into crazy pageant mom! :)

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...