Friday, December 07, 2007

All I want for Christmas is my four front teeth...

That is Zack's theme song for the Holiday Season. His 4th/last center front tooth was dangling from his gums yesterday, but he just wouldn't pull it out. We were all begging him to let us touch it. A light touch would have let this puppy loose. He was having none of it. Even his basketball couch tried to get in the action by telling him that if Zack missed a basket he got to pull the tooth. He played VERY well this practice and even won the last man out shooting challenge, so the tooth stayed in.

I had no plans to spend another day listening to his whining agony so as soon as he was asleep enough that his mouth was hanging open, I reached one finger in and flicked it right into my palm. I didn't even need to pull. He didn't even flinch. I left it with a note from the tooth fairy that she would be back the next night so he could see it. He woke at about 11pm to report that his tooth was missing. We did a search and found the note and the tooth. He was obviously relieved and planned to bring the tooth to school to show his friends and teacher.

Why won't this child pull out a tooth?
1st tooth - Dad
2nd tooth - apple
3rd & 4th teeth - Mom

When I was a kid I would work on it and work on it until that tooth came out. I distinctly remember Mrs. Paul, my second grade teacher, telling me to get my fingers out of my mouth. I'm not going to be able to reach his molars. He's going to have to get tough! I'll try to post a picture of the gaping hole in his mouth later.

2 comments:

  1. When I was a kid, I would play with it and play with it until it came out, too!

    It was really nice of the tooth fairy to leave a note about coming back the next night. Very thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a kid, I would play with it and play with it until it came out, too!

    It was really nice of the tooth fairy to leave a note about coming back the next night. Very thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...