Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Oprah, sign language, and the weather...

Skyler is finally interested in playing games on the computer. Specifically webkinz. She's usually quite happy to wait her turn for all the other computer nuts in the house get their surfing and gaming done. Last night after dinner, I was checking email and she was watching cartoons. She comes up to me and says "Hey Mommy, do you want to watch Oprah? I'll let you change the channel." I asked "Do you want to use the computer?" Yes she wanted to play webkinz. I was cracking up because I don't usually watch Oprah so I'm not sure why she thought that would be so enticing to me and how funny that she came up with a little bribe rather than just whining that she wanted a turn.

I've had laryngitis again this week. It hit its peak last night when I just couldn't even squeak out any words. I had to resort to sign language and clapping to get attention. Zack thought this was so much fun that we sat on the couch for 30 minutes or so signing goofy things to each other. He's pretty good - he'd make a good charades partner.

The weather here is just stupid. It's supposed to be almost 80 degrees today. It's DECEMBER. White Christmas my ass! The only thing white here IS my ass! Okay that was crass, but really what's with the summer temps? Hopefully Grammy's house will provide the snow that my kids are wishing for! In the meantime it's a Green Christmas for us.

Sorry about the lack of pictures lately. I just haven't uploaded any - actually I haven't even taken any. I'm slacking - tis the season...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, but what an ass it is!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oprah! What a classic. My boys have recently discovered Webkinz and Club Penguin, thanks to our neighboor girls. I was worried recently that I'd miss out on some fun girly things with only boys, but I needn't have worried.

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...