Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Anesthesia/Anastasia

I don't have any new pictures to show, no new stories to tell, so I dug up an old one. I have an online friend from Greece named Nastia who's given name is Anastasia - I was speaking to her today and was reminded of a story from the night of Zack's birth.

We had just been told I was going to have to have a c-section because Zack was breech and we sort of resembled deer caught in headlights. It was the middle of the night and there must not have been anything else to do because things moved pretty quickly. People were in and out like lightning getting things done in preparation. At one point we were waiting for a few minutes and Matt looks at the woman closest to me and notices her badge. He says "Oh, Anastasia, that's a pretty name". She looked down at her badge, put her hand on his shoulder and said "Honey you must be nervous, that says ANESTHESIA. I'm your wife's anesthesiologist." It was really funny and 7 years later Matt still hasn't lived it down. I have to wonder how many times she's told that story - I know we've told it tons!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I spit on my screen with that one...too funny!

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...