Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Homework...

Skyler has a little book reading project to bring home once every month. Last night was her turn. She has to read me a story (she already knows it word for word) and then she draws a picture in the book and I ask her some questions and write her answers down. She LOVES bringing home homework. She thinks she's such a big kid and runs right to the kitchen table to get hers done. Here's a little video. She was doing babytalk last night, I'm not sure why...



Zack's homework has now doubled in anticipation of entering second grade. They sent notes home telling us that that we would now have two assignments each night. Their regular homework and then the new project of really working on regular word recognition and fast reading a group of words. He's doing great. I try to really keep him motivated and praised because he HATES writing sentences. I do an internal groan everytime I see that as part of our (yes our) homework. Penmanship is not a strong point for my dear boy. It's hard for me to complain because mine was/is atrocious and he's a lefty to boot. The new Wii is a fantabulous motivator. Homework first...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...