Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Do you Etsy?

Have you heard of Etsy? I'm addicted. Etsy is "Your place to buy & sell all things handmade". It's so super fantastic. I'm finding the most beautiful items for gifts. There are such amazing crafts people on here. It's eBay (without the bidding) for crafters.

An artist in Norway, carambatack, made this for me, it's titled "Skyler".













I gave my friend Mindi this for her birthday. Another friend of mine who is obsessed with Etsy found the shop and has given several as gifts as well. I gave Mindi an "M". There are so many pieces to drool over.















Amy gave me a lettered sign for Christmas. Isn't it sweet? It's hanging in my kitchen.







The site lets you keep a list of your favorite "shops" and your favorite items so you can go back and purchase again and again, most sellers are even happy to make custom pieces for you. I've got several crafty friends who are selling on Etsy now:

Leigh makes amazing pottery.
Katey makes tie dye clothing.
Catie makes the coolest buckets.
Yarn (that's what we call her) is just getting started but will be making delightful knitted items.

Odds are, if you've got a birthday coming up, you're getting something from Etsy. Just ask me and I'll point you to all my favorite places, this is just the tip of the iceberg. And if you make something, anything really, this is the place to sell!

1 comment:

  1. i have been there a time or two but have never bought anything. i have a few friends that sell on there.

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...