Monday, March 10, 2008

Girly Girl Weekend...

Friday night my friend Christen had a Spa Party so I ditched the kids, I mean Matt took the kids to a Hockey game, and I enjoyed an evening of pampering. We did facials and salt scrubbed our hands and feet and lotioned everything up. I went home to a quiet and empty house and enjoyed some online chat time with my imaginary friends. I was starting to worry when it was close to 11pm and my crew wasn't home yet. They wandered in not long after, completely wound up after enjoying a rowdy hockey game. I ordered them each to their beds convinced they'd be a wreck for their soccer games in the morning.

We had storms and rain so the games were called off. The kids were disappointed as these were the first games of the season, but honestly I was relieved. We were going to have to rush to get Zack to his basketball game anyway and I'd just rather wait a week to start soccer.

Skyler and I made plans with my cousin Jill who has two little girls that are about Skyler's age. They were SO cute together. Jill and family have been living in Hawaii for the past five years so the kids hadn't really gotten to know each other yet. It didn't take them long to get silly playing dress up:



The rain let up for a few minutes so Alison showed Skyler how to ride her bike without training wheels. We'll be taking Skyler's off this weekend. Kathryn was an absolute riot on her bike. I'm not sure if she did it on purpose or if she just didn't care where she was driving, but she was running into everyone.


The girls are so close in size and Skyler and Alison are only 10 days apart in age so we had to weigh them all to see who was the heaviest. Skyler is 44lbs and the longest, Kathryn is 42lbs and the shortest, Alison is 41lbs and right in the middle. After lunch and some quiet time we went to cousin Brooke's School's Winter Carnival. The girls got to play games, get their faces painted, play in the bounce houses, and eat cotton candy. They were in heaven.

A great day was had by all! Oh and Zack won his last soccer game! YAHOO!

Sunday was "Amanda's Laziest Day Ever". I stayed in bed all morning. Then I got up, to pee, and went right back to bed. I caught up on six tivoed episodes of Lipstick Jungle, and several other shows. I was going to go downstairs, but I could hear Matt and the kids cleaning and they were listening so I didn't want to interfere. Skyler was a doll and delivered breakfast in bed. Matt even cleaned out my entire trash receptical/van so that he could go pick up the treadmill that Mike and Amy gave us. I'm hoping we use it for more than a clothes rack. I finally got out of bed around 7:00pm to go grocery shopping with every other person in a 10 mile radius. Did we all have the same idea? Who goes grocery shopping at 7:00 on Sunday night people? I read an entire People magazine while waiting to check-out/watching my ice cream melt. I couldn't complain - it's not like I was in a hurry to get back to bed. Dirt didn't come on until 10pm, so I had some time.

I hope you had an enjoyable weekend too!

1 comment:

  1. I love these pictures of our Hawaiian babes! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...