Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Big Doings...

I think we've gotten in touch with all family members so we're ready to make the announcement here.

Because Matt is one of the top instructors at his location he has been selected as a lead in a new assignment overseas. He will be going to Iraq to be onhand to teach his current classes to a group of troops that are already deployed. He will leave on or around July 1st and they promise he'll be home for Christmas. I'm scared/nervous/proud but will support him however I can. We're working on the best way to tell the kids. I'm not sure they'll truly understand until he's gone, but with all the technology available now, we're told we can talk to him all the time and he'll have daily access to the internet. We'll be able to stay in touch easily. He will be in the "Green Zone" in Bahgdad - I think I have that right, it's the safe area. Right now we're trying to make plans so that Matt can see all of his family before he goes and also spend as much quality family time with me and the kids.

Keep your thoughts positive! Thanks!


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. That BETTER be a fucking April Fools joke! I had tears in my eyes that we hadn't talked about it and OMG Iraq.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for placing my portrait on your blog! You fooled me for about 9,192,631,770 cycles of radiation corresponding to the transition between two energy levels of the ground state of the caesium-133 atom...
    My April Fool Day is now complete!

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...