Friday, April 18, 2008

Daddy Takes a Field Trip and other Thursday tales...

When Zack's permission slip came home a few weeks ago and Matt saw that they were going to the local Sports Hall of Fame he quickly volunteered to take the day off and chaperone the trip. He's so great with large groups of kids. You know what he has as a secret weapon? The Whistle. Do you have it? I swear this is the greatest thing on earth if you've got kids. If you're just starting out on the kid rearing thing - teach thyself to whistle. See if you're at a park/yard/mall/ballgame/home, and you whistle, if you've trained them right, the little munchkins come running. My two stop dead in their tracks wherever they are and look for Dad. I've gotten slightly off topic as I'm pretty sure Matt didn't use "The Whistle" on the field trip, but if he had to, he would have I tell ya. They had a lot of fun with all the other Dads that had the same idea that Matt did, sacrifice a day of work to chaperone their child's field trip, ie learn about local sports and play games all morning. I don't have fantastic pics for two reasons 1. Matt took them (love you honey) and 2. Picasa is acting all wonky so I'm having some trouble even viewing them. Here's one of my boys at the museum:

Photobucket

After school Zack got a package in the mail. My friend Katey made the kids some tie dye shirts a few weeks ago. The sizing didn't work out on Zack's so I had to order him a new one. He was THRILLED and immediately matched it up with his tie dye soccer socks. The first shirt I ordered is the perfect size for a certain 4 year old nephew I have so I ordered my other nephew one too. Skyler got an adorable a-line shirt. Check them out:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

If you dig the tie dye, check out Katey's shop here. She doesn't have much listed because she gets so many custom orders that that keeps her pretty busy. If you have a request convo her or let me know and I'll pass the info along.

Soccer practice was buckets of fun last night. They got the parents in on the action. We each teamed up with our kid and went up against another pair to see who could get a goal. I showed up to practice in flip flops so I played barefoot (does anyone remember when I broke a toe playing soccer barefoot? I didn't learn anything) but STILL me and the boy SCORED! Everyone agreed that this practice was the most fun we'd all had yet. This group of kids and their parents are amazing - we've all gotten so close over the four seasons that we've been together. I'm hoping we can keep them together as long as possible. Think "The ThunderCats" sounds like a good professional team name?

Two more things.

First - GRAMMY'S HERE GRAMMY'S HERE!

Second - stay tuned for tales of Alligator Wrangling - Virginia Style by someone we know and love. Hmmmm.... what could she possibly mean?

Mwah! Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Sure hook us in then leave us high and dry. I'm intrigued by the alligator wrangling story. Please tell me it's like catfish noodling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh catfish noodling, I forgot about that.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noodling

    Those Oklahoman's are nutty! I HOPE the alligator wrangling is like catfish noodling. I can't WAIT to take pictures, for blog purposes you know.

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...