Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Pencils, Babies, and Psycho...

Do you have anyone in your life that makes you want to shove pencils in your ears, points in? I have a co-worker who NEVER.SHUTS.UP. I can't figure out how she gets any work done as hers is a customer service type job. She talks all day long about stupid shit. I spend a lot of time with my earphones plugged in, but after awhile I run out of podcasts and my ears are sore. I just want to throw something over the cubicle wall and yell SHUT UP! I don't care about your football team, and I certainly don't need to hear you repeat last night's game plays to every person with a penis that walks through the department. (I KNOW it's only April, but she's already gearing up). I don't care about your other jobs, how about you work on this one? I REALLY don't want to hear how you think the "LAN is about to crash" every time your internet connection slows down. See, it's this thing called bandwidth and when lots of it is being used, your connection is going to slow down. Nothing is CRASHING and you don't have to repeat that 372 times and act like your world is coming to an end, although I wish it would. The thing is, I wouldn't mind listening to someone talk if they had something intelligent to say and varied the topic every once in awhile. I'm a bitch, but I'm not THAT much of a bitch.

And on to better topics - my SIL Jessica and her husband Jeff are expecting their first baby. They're due TODAY. I'm so excited to have another niece. Now I'll have two nieces and two nephews. We're anxiously awaiting news of contractions and a rushed trip to the hospital. I'm sure we're not as anxious as Jessica who has a person living inside of her, but we're excited none the less.

That's all the news I've got - I think I'm going to watch Sicko tonight which the kind foreign librarian kept calling Psycho, or maybe she meant it, I'm not sure...

2 comments:

  1. Sicko is very enlightening! Enjoy!

    Love baby news - I bet Jessica's pinky will fit right inside baby's nostril. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congradulations on the new family member! The whole fitting the pinky in the nose thing, I love you Amy, but ewwwwwwwwwwwww.... I will admit to lifting my boy and smelling his but through his diaper. Oh yes, I wiped his nose with his dad's extra tee shirt one day at a softball game and after the game the boys went to a pub and I met him and he had dried snot on the back of his shirt. Didn't have the heart to tell him or the will to get my head ripped off.

    I am sorry that work is your own private hell. Wish I could help but I sit between two men that fight for air space and need hearing aides and yell all day long on the phone. Not to mention brag about how busy they are and the whole building counts on them or it would fall apart. I am right there with you babe...

    At least we only deal with it on the companies time and not our own. The glass is half full, we just need to put our own water in it somedays...I am giving you a blogger hug...I should take my own advise some days...

    I need someone to show me how to do this so I can love, laugh and vent to the blogger world. Can you help a computer hater to get it?

    Love yah Matti...

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...