Friday, May 23, 2008

Riding Bikes...

Since both kids can now ride their bikes without training wheels we decided to upgrade them. I picked out a new bike for Zack that was bigger and had two handle breaks and the COOLEST part, to him, a kick stand. Skyler upgraded to Zack's old bike after Matt promised to paint it girly colors for her.

I decided on Wednesday afternoon to take them to the local park/lake/bike trail to ride. I didn't have time to figure out how to put the rack on the van for my bike but I figured, hey they're just learning, I can keep up. HA!

This is the last I saw of Zack:

Photobucket

I bent over to get Sky going on her bike and he was GONE. As Skyler and I stumbled our way around the lake, she wobbling and shooting in front of joggers, me yelling "SORRY" and "Excuse her" repeatedly, I had half a mind to ask one of the joggers going in our direction that if they saw a boy with a tie dye shirt on to tell him to "Get his ASS back to his mother NOW". But they were probably already annoyed with me. We eventually found him 3/4 of a mile around sitting on a bench enjoying some water from his bottle and patiently waiting for us. He thought he was pretty big stuff. We had a long talk about riding too far etc etc. You could tell he was thinking "Yeah yeah, I'm a big kid". We'll continue working on that one. I let him live another day!

Photobucket

Next I let them run off some energy by running up the steps of a giant hill and then rolling down. This park is a former trash heap. That's right, it's built on trash.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Little House on the Prairie Molnar Style:

Photobucket

Photobucket

As we were leaving we stopped to watch some people who were fishing. In the time that we were there they caught a large turtle, a large eel, and an enormous catfish. The kids were SO impressed.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then this guy, Scott, showed up. He comes every Wednesday and Thursday to feed the geese.
Photobucket

Hmmmm
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We had a blast and as usual, because he has trouble with transitions, Zack decided it was the worst time ever when it was time to leave and he wanted to stay. I wish the poor kid would find another way to show his disappointment. But whatev, I'm used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...