Monday, May 19, 2008

Weekend in review...

I was hungry right after work on Friday so we took the munchkins to Ynot Pizza. They weren't thrilled with that idea because it was "BOOORING". I happened to have their bikes in the back of my car so later we stopped at the local middle school and let them ride around on the tennis court. They are both whizes without training wheels. We had Sky try Zack's bike and it's the perfect size for her so now I need to hunt down a bigger bike for him. Then Zack found a tennis ball and we made up a game. It was sort of like tennis (without rackets) and sort of like four square. Matt and Sky were on one team, and Zack and I were on another. As goofy as Skyler is she managed to get a few points on us and after 3 games their team, I think they were the Eagles, were declared the overall winners. Zack immediately demanded a new partner for next time. I took some video, but frankly, it's long and probably only entertaining to me. I'll spare you!

Saturday we borrowed a friend's power washer and washed the mold and mildew off of the side of our house and the roof shingles. It's so hot and humid here that once a year or so you need to do this to keep up. I was on the roof and was the spectacle of the neighborhood. Most of them couldn't believe that Matt let me get up there, but really, he weighs twice as much as I do and is at least half as limber. If he falls, yikes, I don't even want to think about it. The kids got a kick out of it, but no one took any pictures. Oh and I cleaned out the gutters too. YUCK!

That evening we went to the local Jubilee celebration with our new neighbors. Their daughter and Sky already knew each other from soccer and have become even closer in the past two weeks. We had to park pretty far away, but the walk was nice, it was a nice evening. Jubilee was completely overwhelming to me pretty much immediately. I hate huge crowds. We got tickets for the kids to go on rides and then went in search of the ones they wanted to go on. As soon as we got to a line, Skyler broke down in tears and crawled up my body until she was in my arms and she was holding on for dear life. She couldn't really tell me what was wrong, but I think it was all just too much for her. Zack and D. went on lots of rides together. We finally got Sky to go on the Merry-Go-Round


and down the slide



and we almost got her on the swings



but while they were waiting her brother informed her that they were going to go FAST. She got out of that seat SO fast and ran for the fence where I was standing. Once the ride started going she had that "are you freakin kidding me? You were going to let me go on THAT?" look on her face. Her friend who is younger than she didn't seem to mind at all.



We also watched the fireworks and ate cotton candy via the longest line in the history of carnivals. We didn't get home until after 11:00. The kids went straight from car to bed. Within an hour Sky was crying in her sleep. She wasn't awake but she was crying "Mommy Mommy". I just scooped her up and put her in my bed and she was fine. I think the whole thing was too much for her.

Sunday was a day of rest. My upper body was sore from holding the power washer for such a long time. I also needed to finish Pillars of the Earth as it was WAY overdue at the library. I didn't want to bring it back because I was really into it and I couldn't renew it because there is a waiting list. SO - I finished that and took a nap ;-). Matt took the kids out and about. It was a nice rainy day!

1 comment:

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...