Friday, August 29, 2008

Laboring over Skyler's closet...

Shhhh it's quiet here in the office this afternoon. I'm thinking a lot of people forgot to come back from lunch. It's the last weekend to get away before the kids go back to school around here. Me, I'm not one for trying to travel when everyone else is. I'll stick to my own neighborhood.

I'm planning on digging through Skyler's drawers and closet to weed out any and every article of clothing that 1. doesn't fit and b. would be an embarrassment. She has a habit of digging out the most ridiculous items that you thought were tucked away in a bucket at the top of her closet. This might have been okay for daycare but Kindergarten is the big leagues baby. You're probably wondering why I would let her wear something that I don't like anyway. Well, she's a girl, she's a beast in the morning when she doesn't want to get up and she's a complete freaking nightmare when she gets her heart set on some weird item of clothing. There are tears and the throwing around of bodies (hers) and throwing up of hands (mind) and no one leaves the house with the prospect of having a good day. SO, I'm going to try to eliminate all that and put together a week's worth of outfits that we can both agree on. This is tricky too. I've got to put together an outfit in my mind, and then pretend that I don't like that particular combination. At this point she starts to think that it must be absolutely wonderful if I don't like it. I also have to continue to dislike a combination until she's had it on for a few minutes. Apparently the ruse goes so far as planning it out and disecting it on my blog. Zack's not that difficult, I toss some shorts and a t-shirt in his direction and he's good to go. He's even outgrown his obnoxious sock weirdness.

I don't have much more than that set in concrete. I'd like to get the kids to the pool once more before it closes. I'd like to take a nap or two because I like them. Zack and I are getting haircuts. That's about it.

What are you doing this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. I hope our hair comes out great w/ out any drama!!!

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...