My darling husband enjoys the fact that I am three years older than he is. Because of my frequent aches and pains and general grumpiness he loves to tell me that I have O.L.D. Check out this list and tell me if you don't feel old just reading it. I totally stole this from Big Stacie:
Each fall the Beloit College releases its Mindset list of the "cultural touchstones" that formed the views of teens entering college this year.
"Most of them will be about 18 years old, born in 1990 when headlines sounded oddly familiar to those of today: Rising fuel costs were causing airlines to cut staff and flight schedules; Big Three car companies were facing declining sales and profits; and a president named Bush was increasing the number of troops in the Middle East in the hopes of securing peace. The class of 2012 has grown up in an era where computers and rapid communication are the norm, and colleges no longer trumpet the fact that residence halls are “wired” and equipped with the latest hardware. These students will hardly recognize the availability of telephones in their rooms since they have seldom utilized landlines during their adolescence. They will continue to live on their cell phones and communicate via texting. Roommates, few of whom have ever shared a bedroom, have already checked out each other on Facebook where they have shared their most personal thoughts with the whole world. It is a multicultural, politically correct and “green” generation."
* GPS satellite navigation systems have always been available
* Coke and Pepsi have always used recycled plastic bottles
* Shampoo and conditioner have always been available in the same bottle
* Electronic filing of tax returns has always been an option
* Clarence Thomas has always sat on the Supreme Court
* They have never been able to color a tree using a raw umber Crayola
* There has always been Pearl Jam
* The Tonight Show has always been hosted by Jay Leno & started at 11:35 EST
* Pee-Wee has never been in his playhouse during the day
* Macaulay Culkin has always been Home Alone
* Caller ID has always been available on phones
* They have never known life without Seinfeld references from a show about “nothing"
* 98.6 F or otherwise has always been confirmed in the ear