Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Rye Beach/Vacation Day 4

We woke up and hung out with the Fam. My Mom called with the great idea to head out to Rye Beach and bring a picnic lunch. Technically I guess it's called Wallis Sands State Park or something like that, but I remember going there as a kid and loving climbing on the rocks. We got there at about 11am which was perfect because low tide was about two hours away.

This is what we did the majority of the day:
Photobucket

The kids had a BLAST hunting for crabs. Nadia brought a big bucket and we filled it with crabbies and urchins and sea glass.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Skyler, Zack, and I all fell and ended up with lovely bleeding scrapes. Skyler and I are still healing a week later, Zack is a boy and doesn't take any notice of these things.

Bryce had fun despite not being overly impressed at first. There was sand which he hates to walk on and the water was freezing. He ended up having a great time.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Totally didn't care that there was as much sand as peanutbutter in his sandwich.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Noah had a sand mustache.

Photobucket
Picnic

Photobucket
Bryce thought Cha Cha Lisa was cool because she had fruit. He ate a TON.

Photobucket
Sand castles

Photobucket
He doesn't even have a cape!

Photobucket
I'm either trying not to fall off the rock we were standing on or I just got splashed with the arctic cold water. I'm not sure, but what's with that face?

After about four hours of fun in the sun, and with the crab population seriosly depleted, we let them all go and then packed up for home. We drove Shelle and the boys home, picked up Ben and (shhhh) got some more beach pizza before driving home to my parents' house where my Mom made a delicious dinner of ribs. The pizza was just an appetizer!

We were sunkissed, tired, and had had such a great time with the two families. By the time dinner was done, we were all ready for snoozeville!

3 comments:

  1. cute pictures. i now realize why i try to avoid beach pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like all your pics. Looks like you all had a GREAT time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures. I haven't been to Wallis Sands in years.

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...