Tuesday, September 02, 2008

First day...(sob)

I'm no longer the Mommy of a little girl. She's in Kindergarten now, she's a big girl. My heart is heavy this morning. I'm sad that there's no baby in the house anymore although I am excited for all the she'll learn this year. The change from the first day of Kindergarten to the last is remarkable. I'm just not sure I'm ready to watch her evolve that way. Emotionally I think she's a lot stronger than Zack was at this age. She'll do fine in that regard. I guess I'm scared to lose how close we are. Her friends will start being more important to her and Mom will lose some serious ground. I know I've always got a place with Zack, I'm just not as sure with Skyler.

Here are a few pictures from this morning. Skyler opted for black leggings (instead of the pink ones I picked out) to go with her black dress/shirt. Amy joked that if she palms my black eyeliner on the way out the door we can be sure she's going goth.

Photobucket

waiting for the bus:
Photobucket

I hope his teacher is ready:
Photobucket
Photobucket

ducklings crossing the street:
Photobucket

classroom:
Photobucket

unpacking his goods:
Photobucket

Zack wouldn't take a pic with his sister. I'll force bribe them later this afternoon.

Oh and wouldn't you know it, I swear this kid is more like me everyday. Zack has had a really rough summer for allergies. He's been on double doses of allergy meds and finally last night he looked like he had two black eyes and said his head hurt when he blew his nose. I'm thinking sinus infection. Thankfully his pediatrician is the awesome and despite this being a super busy day was happy to see him at 4:15. I bet Mom is thinking "what goes around comes around" as I was sick for my first day of school pretty much every year. She had to pick me up for several of them. I'm thankful Zack wasn't a nervous wreck this morning like I usually was, but I do want to kick these allergies in the butt!

3 comments:

  1. This makes me sad for you because I know it's coming for me too, eventually. I think Drew and Skyler are a lot alike. Hope both kids had a wonderful first day. I can't believe they're both so grown-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an emotional day for you! I hope the kids both had a great 1st day. By the way, for what it's worth, I think most girls always want to be close to their moms.

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...