Monday, September 22, 2008

Here's to imaginary friends no longer being imaginary...

Friday night I was thrilled to finally meet someone who I've been chatting with online for about a year and a half now. My friend and her family were in town visiting their family and I invited them over for dinner. We had an absolutely wonderful visit and I'm truly sorry that they aren't local. I was a bit nervous at first! Despite the fact that I know all sorts of information about this person, and have exchanged coupons, Christmas cards, pictures, and life stories, I had never met her and it's still a bit strange to be meeting people you know from the internet! There was nothing to be concerned about. Our families enjoyed chatting and sitting on my floor playing with toys. I know how to entertain huh? I'm glad to have a "new" friend that we'll hopefully see whenever they are in town!

Let's see, what else went on this weekend? Soccer of course. Skyler and Matt had the early game (always). I think the coaches work harder than the kids. They do have a great time and the kids seem to love Matt. Zack's game was a couple of hours later. We had a BLAST watching them play. The kids have really got some skill now and the parents are just so enjoying cheering from the sidelines this season. This week the teams were pretty evenly matched as there was a lot of action but not a lot of scoring. I was really impressed that one of the kids from the other team walked up to Zack after it was all over and said "hey man, good game" and shook hands with him. We make them ALL shake hands at the end, but I love that they're getting older and respecting the other team's skill and searching each other out for a kind word. Sniffle, sniffle, THEY'RE GROWING UP, SOB!

The rest of the weekend was low key. The kids played with their friends in the neighborhood, I did a bit of grocery shopping, Matt watched the Ryder Cup. There was a lot of hooting and hollering so I think the U.S. won.

Oh and I should comment that previously on my blog I swore that I wasn't going to start posting a bunch of political stuff. Christina (Hi Christina!) called me on it when I did just that. The truth is, there's what? 46 days left? I don't think I'm going to be able to help myself. I won't make a daily thing out of it, but I'm sure there will be other things I'll have to post about. I'm fairly obsessed with this election. I will try to control myself though.

LAST but not least, I find myself as a Rep for Avon's Mark products. Teenagers in particular love this stuff. It's fun and fairly cheap. Check it out: http://amolnar.mymarkstore.com/

4 comments:

  1. Ack - sometimes political information can be a great thing. Especially when it's on Bossy's side.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bossy commented on my blog!!! BOSSY COMMENTED ON MY BLOG!

    YOU GUYS! Bossy is very very famous in the blog world.

    I've been touched by greatness and she wants more politics! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for MARK! I ordered already. By the way, I'm enjoying the political commentary as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Amanda, I totally know what you mean! And I had the exact same reaction you did.
    Nice to meet you, btw. I think I'll look around. :)

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...