Friday, September 26, 2008

Movies and softball and voting OH MY...

Good Mooorning!

Today the kids' school is having movie night. They are REALLY excited. This event is held the last Friday of September every year. Usually it's a picnic type thing because they do it on the front lawn of the school. We all bring blankets to put on the ground and the PTA makes popcorn from a real popcorn machine and it's a lot of fun. It's been raining for the past couple of days so they are going to have the movie in the school cafeteria. I'm thinking this might be a bit more chaotic and slightly less fun. The elements of being on a blanket, in the dark, outside, watching a movie are what make it fun. Sitting on folding chairs in the cafeteria, not so much. I do always enjoy being at the kids' school and seeing them with their school friends.

Matt's got softball tonight. So far we haven't been able to go watch him play which is disappointing. He and the kids have had conflicting schedules. Yes I spend a significant amount of time organizing their schedules! Hopefully we'll get to go next week.

That's what my Friday afternoon is expected to look like...

Political Links of the day:
Time is getting scarce. If you haven't registered to vote yet, PLEASE do at Rock the Vote It's really easy. If you've never voted in any election before, don't be hesitant. It isn't hard and you will feel so good once you've done it. Different states have different voting methods. I'm sure you can look yours up online. Here in Virginia, ours is automated. They couldn't make it easier for you. I walk in and tell them who I am, they look me up in the big book of registered voters, they hand me a swipey card, I go to an open machine, swipe my card, touch screen my choices, then hand my card to a volunteer on the way out. Easy Peasy. Every state, and sometimes even within a state, it's different. There are always plenty of volunteers to help you. Remember not to wear any clothing or accessories that note a particular party or candidate's name as you will be asked to remove them prior to entering the voting site.

If you're eager to hear the debate tonight please sign this petition by 12pm EST today (Friday). Sorry for the late notice, but I just found it. I think it's important that we hear what the candidates have to say in a debate forum.

For your viewing pleasure, here's the current snapshot of the electoral vote map:

It looks pretty red, but it's actually 286 Obama to 252 McCain.

That's it for me - enjoy your Friday!

2 comments:

  1. In Minnesota, we vote with scantrons- the sheets where you have to color in the bubble of the answer you want. We can also register on the day of the election. But I'm already registered and have applied for my absentee ballot (in case I'm in the hospital having a baby), so I'm all ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The movie night sounds FANTASTIC! We had something like this at my elementary school and I remember watching The Apple Dumpling Gang, like EVERY YEAR. So awesome.

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...