Friday, September 12, 2008

Election 2008 Addiction...

I'm becoming obsessed with the election. I'm constantly reading about it and discussing view points with my online imaginary friends. I've learned SO much this year.

Have you registered yet? There's not too much time left. If you haven't registered here's a great link that will guide you through the process:

Rock The Vote

Have you been tracking the electoral votes? There's a great site that maps them out and gives all sorts of other statistical information. It's fantastic for all the chart geeks out there:

Electoral-Vote

Want a native Alaskan's view of Sarah Palin? I'm slightly addicted to this blog:

Mudflats

I'm also addicted to The Daily Show, Keith Olbermann, Rachel Madow, and Bill Maher among other blogs and websites.

I hope you're keeping up with it all, this is important stuff regardless of which side you're on. I hadn't planned to discuss my personal views, just give out some places to find information, but I will post a quote that spoke to me and end with that:

"John McCain announced that he was running for president to confront the "transcendent challenge" of the 21st century, "radical Islamic extremism," contrasting it with "stability, tolerance and democracy." But the values of his handpicked running mate, Sarah Palin, more resemble those of Muslim fundamentalists than they do those of the Founding Fathers. On censorship, the teaching of creationism in schools, reproductive rights, attributing government policy to God's will and climate change, Palin agrees with Hamas and Saudi Arabia rather than supporting tolerance and democratic precepts. What is the difference between Palin and a Muslim fundamentalist? Lipstick."

--Juan Cole, for Salon.com

2 comments:

  1. I looked at that Palin blog and saw the Palin baby name generator...very funny! Thanks for all the great links.

    By the way, I'd be Halter Grasshopper Palin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be glad when it's all over, I get kinda tired of the he said, she said, and I'm gonna do better than the other stuff. It will be interesting tho to see who wins.

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...