Monday, November 17, 2008

Delicious Family Day...

Weekends are Family Days to my kids, as in "How many Family Days until we go back to school?" Yesterday was such a delicious day. We enjoyed each other so thoroughly!

I woke up realizing that neither child had yet to climb on me or beg me for some service like getting them something to drink. I was immediately confused as to what time it was as neither of them lets many waking breaths go by without climbing in bed with me. I looked at the clock and realized it was 11:30. "ELEVEN THIRTY! IT'S ELEVEN THIRTY! WHERE ARE THE KIDS?" Matt was awake and laughed answering "I think they're cleaning Zack's room". At this point I started pinching myself. I slept until 11:30, no one woke me up, ZACK was cleaning his room and SKYLER was helping him? Confused and disoriented doesn't begin to describe how I felt. The kids heard me screeching for reality and hollered that I couldn't come look at what they were doing until they were finished. At that point I felt better, convinced that they were using my permanent paints on the carpet or something else more normal than room cleaning for a five and seven year old. Eventually we had a delightful bout of wrestle and tickle where we determined that Zack is going to be strong enough to kick my ass in about two weeks. We could see that it was a beautiful day and got everyone dressed and headed out for lunch and some play time at the park.



Spontaneous affection! I didn't even have to ask for this pose.



"You get one picture."


Awww, nice.

"Seriously Mom, that was the LAST one!"

After the park we ran some errands and then Mike, Amy & Nate came over for dinner. We got to visit and finally give Amy her bday present. Skyler did a funky dance for Nate which he loved. Before I knew it it was 9:00 and I was yelling at kids to get upstairs to bed. I hadn't even noticed the time. Amy laughed saying that I usually kick them out much earlier. For the record, I've only kicked them out ONCE. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. i hardly recongnize that park without the thousands of kids running around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fairly chilly out and I see that I managed to get pics with no other children in them but there WERE other kids there. It definitely wasn't crowded like when you were here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 11:30? How old do my kids have to be before I can sleep til 11:30?

    Am so, so jealous.

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...