Friday, November 21, 2008

Random stuff...

It's been snowing off and on here all day. The locals in this mid-atlantic state are freaking out. Seriously? I've lived here for five years. I'd be surprised if it has snowed a total of five times, only two of those times did it stick. Only one of THOSE times was it there the next day. SO, I'm not sure what all the fussing is about. They act like they're going to get snowed in. SO not going to happen.

Do your lips ever get chapped and cracked in the corners? It's seriously awful. First of all for some reason you end up with white crusty stuff that makes you look like you're foaming at the mouth. Because you're worried about the white crusty stuff you keep rubbing and licking the corners of your mouth which makes them more chapped. Wash Rinse Repeat FOREVER! It's not looking good for the winter if we're starting this shit already. I'm putting tons of Burt's Bees lip balm on it. Got any other ideas?

I'm going to see Twilight tonight with Amy and her book club. I'm sort of torn about it. I liked the book series but didn't LOVE it, I did a lot of eye rolling, but I'm a cynical bitch. I also have a bit of crowd phobia/anxiety and the movie just opened today and is sure to attract mobs of teenagers. Normally I wouldn't go but Amy and I don't get much time to do girly things without the kiddos so I jumped at the chance. Amy bought our tickets last week so we're good there. I'll probably have a great time, right?

Oh I know what I've been meaning to tell you. Are you getting ready to print your Holiday Photo Cards? Log in at ArtsCow and get TONS of free prints. I'm not sure how they do it, but I'm game for free stuff. From what I've heard they've got great quality and offer really great discounts. I haven't heard anything bad yet. Keep it in mind for those hundreds and hundreds of holiday pictures you're going to print!!! I'm planning on uploading a bunch this weekend. I'm still working on the Holiday Card. I might make the little punks do another photo shoot.

That's it - I'm about to head into the terrible frozen tundra *eye roll* If you don't hear from me in a few days, send out a rescue team mkay?

3 comments:

  1. You know, I've tried hundreds of lip balms and never stuck with any one. I guess I've never found the perfect balance of moisturizing ability and feeling greasy-faced. If you find one, let me know.

    Thanks for the link to ArtsCow, I'm going to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SWEAR by this, I have one in the truck, one in my nightstand, and one in my pocketbook. Can't beat it. http://www.aveeno.com/productDetail.do?prodid=1476

    Let me know if it works for you!!

    *Thanks for the Artscow link thing this morning in my email. I signed up. How do they do it??

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can find it anywhere, by the way. Target, the grocery store, wherever. Just sent the link in the previous post so you'd see what it looks like.

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...