Tuesday, December 30, 2008

End of Year Questionnaire...

One of my favorite bloggers, Linda, who writes All & Sundry, has posted an End of Year Questionnaire. I figured it'd be fun to give it a whirl. I preface posting it with the comment that I'm having a bit of a memory problem lately (doc's appt tomorrow) so my answers may be more than a little boring if not entirely inaccurate:

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?

I met some of my internet friends.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I can't remember for sure if I even made any last year. I'm going to guess that I was all "I'm not bothering to make a resolution this year". I do have a few resolutions for this year, but I'm keeping them to myself for now. I'll discuss when I've got a handle on them.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My SIL Jessica and her husband Jeff had beautiful Madison in April and several of my lovely internet friends had babies. Special mention goes to my BFFs, Mike & Amy, who adopted the adorable Nate.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.

5. What countries did you visit?
Crazy and LooneyTania

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Peace of Mind

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

November 4th, the Presidential Election.


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

This isn't a personal achievement but I'm very proud of Zack and how he's doing in school.

9. What was your biggest failure?


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No more injuries than the usual bumps and bruises. I fear I'm suffering from Hypothyroidism now and it's affecting everything else.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Christmas treats...

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Matt's for putting up with me and my crazy moods.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My own.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Poof.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Visits with family.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I can honestly say that I don't associate songs with years. I don't usually know who sings what or when they sang it.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercise (who DOESN'T wish that except maybe Linda?)

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worried. It gets me nowhere.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
We spent it with friends and family in the snow, more pictures to come.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I did. I fell in love with Nate as soon as he was brought home and my niece Madison when I finally got to meet her.


22. What was your favorite tv show?
I'm such a tv whore. I think my favorite show is House or Big Bang Theory or maybe Chuck. I can't decide.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? {sigh} I think I hate President Bush more now than I hated him this time last year. I really wish I didn't have to say that.

24. What was the best book you read?
Seriously, I read TONS of books. There's just no way I can decide on a best. I did enjoy the last book of the Twilight series but it wasn't the BEST book I've read. If I read The Time Traveler's Wife in 2008 then that was the best book I've read, but it's possible I read that in 2007.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I'm musically lame. I wouldn't call anything I listen to a discovery.

26. What did you want and get?
A new President.

27. What did you want and not get?
The desire and effort to get off my ass.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
WELL, I so rarely go to the movies without kids. I think perhaps Religulous was my favorite of the ones I saw.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I don't remember and 29+5

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Financial security.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? "Do These Pants Button"

32. What kept you sane?
UH, who told you I was sane?

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I was oddly interested by Angelina Jolie this year when I've never particularly liked her. I wasn't interested in her career, more as her as a mother.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Oh dear FSM, do you read my blog? I was slightly obsessed by the Presidential election.

35. Who did you miss? I missed my MIL, Lu, because I didn't talk to her as much as I used to. I need to get over my phone issues.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
Shelli.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.Feeling like shit all the time is NOT normal. Is that a life lesson? It should be.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Can we refer to my previous statements about my lameness where music is concerned?

So that's it. I think I was right when I predicted that my answers would be lame. If you would like to take the questionnaire and post it on your blog, I'd love to read your answers. Post me a linky wouldya?

3 comments:

  1. I hope you don't mind but I'm going to steal parts of this. Happy New Year, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe I missed the date of the election in my list! It was like the BEST. DAY. EVER.

    Oh, and thanks for visiting we humble Heathens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw. Thanks for the shout out. Nate is adorable, isn't he? Here's to an even better year.

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...