Wednesday, December 10, 2008

MORE whining but this time with shotguns...

Do you ever have some pain at night and rather than waking up to relieve said pain, your brain just incorporates it into a dream (and hey brain, how is THAT helpful?)? Last night I had a long vivid dream that I had been shot by a shotgun in the shoulder. I FINALLY awoke to discover that at some point I had raised my arm up over my head. I have a bad shoulder and up-over-my-head is not a position that this shoulder likes for any reason and lying there for hours (??) was painful indeed. How it got up there in the first place is a mystery to me since I rarely lift it that high when I'm awake. At some point I woke up and thought "OWWWW" and had to use my other arm to move that arm down where it was comfortable. Thankfully there were no bullet wounds. "Go to the doctor you say?" Yeah I've been there and done that and here we are again.

So, my shoulder hurts a bit more than usual today...

Oh there's another recurring dream I have when I'm having an asthma attack in my sleep. I'm either drowning or so out of breath I'm gasping for air. Again, how is it helpful to incorporate this into a dream? I awake at every intake of air that Matt has yet I'm about to die of an asthma attack and NOTHING. "See a doctor" you say? I'm sensing a theme with you...

3 comments:

  1. I say knock yourself out with a bottle of wine before bed, then you won't remember your dreams. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what Melissa said. Do it for all of us can't...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This kind of thing happens to me, too. Last time, though, it was the smell of frying fish that I incorporated into my dream

    That was worse than a hurting arm, I dare say.

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...