Friday, February 06, 2009

Do as I say, not as I do...

Last night, Mike & Amy, and cutie patootie Nate, came for dinner. Mike was sharing Nate's new found love of Laurie Berkner songs when I remembered that I had a bunch of them on cd because my kids loved her when they were little too. I have a bunch of old cds in a basket up on a shelf above my computer. I made the asinine decision to stand on the computer chair to look for them. I found what I was looking for and proceeded to get myself down and my body moved a fraction of a second before my brain said "STUPID IDEA DUMBASS". I attempted to jump out of the chair onto the floor. The force of my body leaving the chair caused it to spin, causing my foot to catch the arm rest and trip me. The chair and I went down with a giant BANG. Everyone in the kitchen heard BANG and then didn't see me where I was before. It took them all a minute to figure out what the hell I had done. I hurt my already painful shoulder, back, knee, and hip. I also bruised my pride because it was so obviously a stupid thing to do and I have probably told my kids a million times not to stand in chairs, especially not ones that move.

Apparently adults never learn either!

5 comments:

  1. I get in a hurry and do stuff like this all the time. Be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fell off a chair the same way once! And immediately thought, "Duh...this chair MOVES. Not a good idea."

    Hopefully you can be proof to your children of exactly why it's not a good idea!! And hopefully your aches & pains go away soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, ouch. I bet ice cream would help.

    (You're welcome ;) )

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...