Friday, February 20, 2009

February 19, 2003...

Yesterday was Skyler's sixth birthday and I got more than a little sappy when I pulled out the box of 2003 pictures.

This was the day before she was born. I was SO over it! And what exactly was going on with my hair? I had obviously given up entirely and stopped getting highlights or doing much of anything at all.

This is Skyler's photo debut. She was handed over to "Dr. Doogie Howser", as we affectionately named him. Seriously, he was like 12, maybe 18.

Matt cut the cord.

The first time I layed eyes on her.

She still has these scushy cheeks and loooong fingers. Why don't I have her playing piano?

Now that I know what I know this picture pisses me off. This particular hospital had a policy that newborns go to the nursery for four hours, moms who have c-sections go to recovery for at least two hours. Here is Skyler screaming her fool head off because she was HUNGRY or wanted to suck or wanted her Mommy or HELLO was left in the nursery not wrapped up. It's newborn jail I tell you. I so would have done that differently, but alas, I was young and stupid and she's made it this far...

Snuggles with Daddy.

Snuggles with Mommy.

AND this is a picture of Zack's last day as an only child:


My ovaries were twitching yesterday. I think I'm over it. Maybe I should go in search of a newborn at 2am, that should solve the problem. She was just such a sweet adorable baby, heck she's a sweet adorable child. *sigh* Why are your kids' birthdays so bittersweet?

3 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures. If you're still feeling the twitch in a few weeks you can come here and that'll cure you, I'm sure.

    My New Year's resolution was to celebrate and ENJOY my kids' milestones this year rather than mourn them, something I've always done. I'm still working on it.

    Hope Skyler felt like a princess on her special day yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the photos! Happy Birthday Skyler!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, that was a nice trip down memory lane with the Molnars. We hope that Miss Skyler had a wonderful 6th birthday!

    Daina and Phil

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...