Thursday, March 19, 2009

Forgettable...

Zack's got a buddy that lives in the court behind us. Our houses don't exactly meet back to back, but aren't far off. The two of them spend all weekend running back and forth, trading houses and video game systems. We know the buddy's parents, see them at every PTA function, school fair, and at the community pool all summer long. I talk to them on the phone at least three times a week to tell them to send Zack home, it's time for dinner.

Last night I volunteered at the kids' school's Book Fair. I had so much fun seeing their little friends browse the selections and painstakingly make their selections of the perfect books to bring home. About an hour in, I see Zack's buddy's Dad. I go up to him and tap him on the shoulder and say "Heeeey, I know you!" He looks at me for two beats and says "You do?" *pause pause pause* "From where?". At first, I thought he was joking. After he asked "from where?" I was more than a little shocked. Those that know me know that I haven't changed much since shortly after birth. It's not like I've got a crazy new hair color or have gained/lost 50lbs. YES, it's been two weeks since we've spoken face to face, but... am I really that forgettable?

4 comments:

  1. What? I bet he felt like a jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did he eventually place you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes. I said "I'm ZACK'S mother. He spends most of his waking hours at your house?" and he says "OOOOHH RIGHT, and he looks exactly like you. Great kid, great kid. If I had another son I'd want him to be just like Zack." *eye roll*

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...