Monday, March 16, 2009

More physical therapy...

I'm heading back to physical therapy for my shoulder. I went for a month last year and it worked for as long as I went and then the effects sort of petered off. Because I'm a Mom and wasn't bleeding profusely or had a limb dangling, I didn't follow up on it. I just suffered in silence (HA! Matt would say). It's finally becoming life limiting again and so back I went.

My doctor informs me that I've got extremely week shoulder muscles on the right side causing Secondary Shoulder Impingement and I need more physical therapy and this time just for kicks and giggles he's not giving me the magic cortisone shot. He wants to see if I do well without it. He fears that the therapy worked to make me feel better because the cortisone was working its magic. I'm not sure if he's sadistic or helpful.

Anyone want to take bets whether I can find a physical therapy location that has hours convenient for a working mother?

2 comments:

  1. last year I was diagnosed with rotator cuff tendonitis...its amazing how you dont realize the different positions you put your arm in until you CAN'T anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good luck! Shoulder, back, and neck pain are the worst.

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...