Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Blogger's Block...

I have blogger's block. I've never left my blog so lonely and unloved for so long before. I just don't have it in me lately to blab along about whatever's going on in our lives. Let's try for a bunch of Random and see if that sparks anything huh?

My aunt Lisa and her girls Ransom and Montana as well as Montana's boyfriend Chad visited us for Easter. My kids had a blast chasing them around and demanding 24/7 attention. The basketball hoop in the driveway got lots of use. Skyler lost her second tooth so the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy met in the night at our house. It was crowded to say the least. We had bodies everywhere. I'm surprised the Tooth Fairy knew where to find that teeny tiny little tooth that Skyler left for her. Oh,we made pirogi, those were delicious.

Amy & Mike's adorable bundle of love, Nate, is walking. He decided that he was NOT going to crawl and went straight for the upright method of motion. It's so fun watching him toddle around monster baby style.

I've finished my four weeks of physical therapy and after a lengthy discussion with my therapist have determined that I've gained a lot of strength but have not seen a change in the pain so I more than likely have a tear of the soft tissue inside the joint. Lovely. So the next step is a follow up with my doctor and then probably an MRI. Wouldn't that have been nice four years ago? If it is a tear, it will probably require surgery to correct. Boy am I excited about that. I'm totally and completely over all this pain though so I will sign up lickety split if that is the case.

Recently I was looking for a lightweight make-up. I typically use mineral powder foundation but I needed something liquid. I saw this in Target and thought I'd give it a try. LOVE IT!!!! ALMAY pure blends makeup

I wear the color called "naked" which is three levels in and I'm a pretty yellow/pale skin toned person. MOM - you'll like this! It stays on all day.

My baby turned eight yesterday. He's just so big. He had a great day at school, getting some extra attention and enjoying the Birthday Wishes. We went to dinner at his chosen location of Friendly's which had the added benefits of "Kids eat free on Tuesdays" and a visit from Ryan the Balloon Guy. I cannot express strongly enough the talent that this guy has. It's balloon art. The kids, Matt included, had a great time questioning Ryan about his greatest creations. We walked away with balloon hats featuring a puppy, a golfer, and a dragon with a three foot wingspan and a penguin wrist corsage. Zack used the Birthday Gift money he received from his grandparents and aunts and uncles as well as some finely chosen trade-ins to Gamestop to purchase a new Nintendo DSi.
This thing is amazing. It has some features that had the whole family laughing and you just can't put a price on these moments filled with uncontrollable kid giggles. It also features parental controls for the online abilities so I locked that shit up quick, Zack's too smart and he'd be selling his sister on eBay from it if given the chance.

I'm not sure if I've cured my blogger's block but there's a bit of randomness for you. Hopefully the juices will start flowing now.

Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with getting the juices flowing! I usually find that once I post something, I get the motivation back. I hope it works for you, too!

    P.S. I'm going to try that make-up! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all get it...when I do, its usually followed by a great flurry of wonderful blog ideas. :-)

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...