Monday, June 29, 2009

Gooooood Morning...

Did you enjoy your weekend? To say ours was slug-like would be an understatement. Since getting my sling off last week, my shoulder hurts MORE, due to the lack of support, so I've sort of been wallowing in self-pity while at the same time trying to keep the savages from uprising.

Friday afternoon I received the kids' report cards. Zack did well, as expected. I praised him and told him that I was VERY proud of him. Then I waited for him to leave with Matt to go to the baseball game. HOT DAMN Skyler blew my socks off with all 4's and Oustandings on her report card. I waited to make a big deal out of it because there's already a bit of competition between the kids. She asked if she did better than Zack and I had to explain that she did fantastic for HER, it didn't matter how Zack did and whether he did better or worse than she did. She's trying to get good grades for herself. She seemed to take that as a yes. Zack's reward for school work done well has always been a trip to Game Stop and since inheriting her brother's Nintendo DS she hasn't chosen a girly game so off we went. She chose a game and spent the evening saying "Mom, watch this. Watch this Mom". We DID get to go bed early, just as I had planned.

Saturday we barely moved. The kids played in their rooms. Matt and I competed for Most Closely Resembles a Vegetable. I think he won. I eventually took Skyler to the pool.

Sunday was errands with two children in tow. I desperately needed groceries. I don't usually bring the Can-I-Haves with me but I can't push the cart by myself yet. I came home with more crap than ever and I'm not sure if any of it can be made into a meal, but the task was accomplished. Matt helped out a friend in a charity event and found the rest of us separated into our own little worlds when he got home. Skyler has begun the task of decontaminating her room with the promise that we could paint and rearrange. I'm hoping to do that this weekend. I'm sure I'm biting off more than I can chew, as usual.

That was us in a nutshell. Nothing exciting - why am I so tired? This whining about my shoulder knocks me out!

1 comment:

  1. I pay my kids for their grades...

    A -10$
    B - 8$
    Nothing for c's and below. A $50 bonus for straight A's.

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...