Thursday, September 10, 2009

It Makes Me Cringe...

I was returning to work after lunch today and a new co-worker was on the stairs ahead of me. As I looked up, what she was wearing generated a visceral reaction akin to the one I get when hearing nails scrape down a chalk board. She was wearing a white flowey skirt and white sandal pumps. After. Labor. Day.

I'm not sure why this bothers me so much? Logically I know that it doesn't matter what someone wears. It wasn't really seasonably inappropriate. It's getting a little cooler here, but we're in the upper-south (technical location), cooler is relative. Stacy & Clinton say that white can be worn after Labor Day. I've had this debate with tens of my internet mommy friends who say it doesn't bother them. I'm SO not fashion concerned, Gap is my friend. But STILL, I can't STAND to see white after Labor Day.

I think it's my Mother's fault (Hi Mom!). Surely I heard it from her first?

What do you all think?

3 comments:

  1. So...should I be putting away my winter white purse????

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. thats an old school reation to a new school reality! maybe its cuz im a guy but whats the reasoning behind it? i've always been a fan of women in white anyway, maybe im biased! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny you should ask. My friend Peabody sent me this article just this week.

    I wear white as long as it's still warm which, around here, is generally through September/early October.

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...