Friday, September 18, 2009

The Solace of Data Dumping...

I've got a bunch of rambly disjointed stuff rattling around in my brain so I'm going to just give you some quick blurbs...

***

Skyler woke up in the middle of last night screaming for me from her bed. I was all groggy and confused as I lurched from my own bed to her room, on my feet before I was awake. She was sitting on the end of her bed screeching about all the bugs on the floor of her room. I snapped awake and was truly afraid to figure out if this was a nightmare (she's never remembered one before) or some insect ridden horror come to life. I said "hold on I'll turn on the light" to which she screamed "NO!". I shooed her towards my bed and reached for the light pull, my own eyes scrinched in a "please don't let there be bugs" grimace. There were not. I climbed into bed beside the little widget and she said "Mommy there were cicadas and ants and twigs" at which point I was sure she was dreaming as we've never had that particular combination in our house, a spider or two yes, cicadas and ants and twigs, no. Daddy cleared that particular mystery up in the morning reminding Skyler that she and her teammates were watching anthills and cicada shells during soccer practice rather than paying attention. Who knew a little entomology lesson would induce creepy crawly dreams?

***

Zack's desk-mate in class has informed him that she has a crush on him. This is no good as that child is a giant love and is already greatly distracted by girls. His "girlfriends" have always been in another class or school so this hasn't been a problem. Sitting next to him all day long is not going to be good.

***

We've had some drama in my family this week and it's left me with a growing desire to move home. We moved away almost ten years ago and all of a sudden I just don't see the point of living so far away. I could make pros and cons lists equally long, all day long, but in the end it comes down to what makes your heart happy.

***

I've found a new blog that's entertaining me greatly. It's written by a neurologist about his very entertaining patients. Dr. Grumpy in the House. Check it out.

***

If you live in a southern state and have a daughter, please watch this and please tell me you don't have your head as far up your ass as the politicians in those states. Abstinence only education DOES NOT WORK!!!!


***

I am desperately craving a piece of Cheesecake Factory vanilla bean cheesecake (and someone to deliver it to me).



***

The Office started last night. I just love Jim Halpert!

***

I just finished reading The Solace of Leaving Early and give it a "Meh". I'm still chewing on my thoughts about it. Whimsy, from The Creamery, is hosting a bloggy book discussion about it on October 1. If you've read, or intend to read, this book, join on in.

I'm about to begin True Compass by Ted Kennedy. I read the forward and it made me cry. I should probably pick up a box of tissues.

***

There. I just regurgitated some of what's running around in my head today. I feel better. How about you?

4 comments:

  1. dont forget you can't wait for Monday to hurry and come :).
    Pink or blue.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to data dump too. I have people waiting for me to write things that I just havne't gotten around to doing. this is good inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...