Thursday, December 31, 2009

End of Year Questionnaire...

I guess I'm making it a tradition, if anything you do two years in a row can be called a tradition... Last year's answers can be found here.

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Experienced the death of someone very close to me.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
The only one I can think of was my decision to participate in Project 365 which I fizzled on roughly 2.5 seconds after blogging about it. I don't think I wrote any others down knowing my tendency to sabotage anything I state that I'm going to do more/less of. I'm sure there was the typical lose weight idea in there somewhere and I blew that one out of the water and gained, oh how I gained.

In 2010, I'd like to get aggressive about whatever it is that my body is doing that is causing so much pain. I'd like to get serious about the status of my house, I need to purge like a bulimic. We need to eat more/better meals at home together as a family. There - lets see how much I can screw that up in one year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I had several bloggy/internety friends have babies. But no one in real life. We're waiting for my brand new baby niece to arrive in February.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes.

5. What countries did you visit?
I'm lucky if I visit the next town over. I didn't get to do any international traveling.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Energy

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 4th, the day of my Father's death and the 100th anniversary of his Mother's birth.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not dropping any of the balls that I was juggling (although poorly).

9. What was your biggest failure?
Cleaning my house and feeding my family nutritious meals.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had shoulder surgery in May. It's coming along nicely. I'm still searching for the source of my pain and malaise. It looks like I haven't moved far in that search since last year at this time. January should bring some answers though.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Oooh I have a gorgeous new purse oh oh and a gorgeous new car.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Overall my children are well behaved and deserve to be celebrated.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Let's just not go there. There's that certain someone who never ceases to be a thorn in my side. (No Matt I'm not talking about you, you are perfect in every way)

14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills and Christmas gifts

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Matt going to school. I'm so proud of him.

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
I can honestly say that I don't associate songs with years. I don't usually know who sings what or when they sang it.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercise (who DOESN'T wish that?)

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I wish I'd spent less time at football practice. Oy I'm glad that is over.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
We spent it with friends and family in the snow and cold. It was fantastic.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
I'm not sure that I did. I didn't meet anyone new. I didn't reconnect with anyone old. I'm in love with the same old crew as last year.

22. What was your favorite tv show?
I have the same favorites as last year, House and Big Bang Theory. Chuck doesn't start back up until January. I'm also loving The Mentalist and plan to get my hands on the discs from Dexter.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I can't think of anyone I dislike enough to spend the energy hating. Glenn Beck pops to mind, but mostly he's a buffoon, I hate that people believe what he says more than I hate him. I feel sorry for them and wish they had the presence of mind to research the stupid shit he makes up.

24. What was the best book you read?
Oh we all know I love to talk about books. I'd have to say that the bests were:
Firefly Lane
Losing My Religion
The Doctor's Wife
The Book Thief
The Outliers
The Red Tent
The Blind Side
I am also currently loving, The Greatest Show on Earth, SuperFreakonomics, True Compass, and The Help.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I'm musically lame. I wouldn't call anything I listen to a discovery.

26. What did you want and get?
I wanted Matt to get a fabulous new job that makes him happy everyday. We both got that. He comes home smiling every day!

27. What did you want and not get?
A magical cure.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Let me preface this by saying that I do not see many films, artistic masterpieces rarely cross my path. Hangover was the funniest, hystericalist, most entertaining movie I have EVAH seen. I laughed so hard I thought I was going to hurt myself.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I don't remember and 29+6. There was surely dinner with the Wilkinsons at Kan Pai. I vaguely remember the boys getting drunk on ninja sake.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Meh. I'm satisfied. Maybe I need to set my sights higher?

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Lazy.

32. What kept you sane?
Happy pills.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Rachael Maddow impresses me greatly. I love her mind.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Health care.

35. Who did you miss?
My Dad.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
I got to meet Michelle and hear her lovely southern drawl (there is a distinct difference between drawl and twang people).

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009?
You really CAN spend too much time at a kids' sports practice.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Can we refer to my previous statements about my lameness where music is concerned?

I think I need some excitement in my life. Some direction. I'm letting this random pain shit drag me down. Goals are a good thing Amanda. I'm going to work on that.

If you would like to take the questionnaire and post it on your blog, I'd love to read your answers. Post me a linky wouldja?

3 comments:

  1. I just started project 365, was searching through my reader to find if anyone else is doing it too. I hope I manage to do at least a month! I started yesterday but will see how it goes. It's quite a lot, I don't know what I was thinking!
    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool questionnaire! loved it and have bookmarked!
    Questionnaire

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...