Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Read This...

I'm back on a reading kick which has me excited. I haven't read as much as I usually do this year. Nothing has been holding my interest. I've been in a bit of a funk about books. But I think I'm back on a roll.

I got some great books for Christmas that I'm pretty geeked about.

The Little Red Book of Very Dirty Words


SuperFreakonomics

I Never Met a Metaphor I Didn't Like

No One Cares What You Had For Lunch


Smart Words for the Erudite

The Big Book of Words You Should Know

I read The Blind Side over Winter Vaca. The book was a bit different than I think the movie is. There was A LOT of football history. I'm not particularly interested in football history but I was interested enough in the story of Michael Oher that I chugged through it and was pleased that I had. I think the movie will be even better.

I'm reading The Help now. This one didn't spark my interest at first but so many friends have given it a rave review that I couldn't pass it up. I've only read the first chapter or four. I keep getting sleepy.

I started a Fifty Book Challenge last April and although I've felt behind since then, I think I'll be fine. I've got 16 books to go. I can't just read a book to read it so there's no cheating for me and books I read with the kids don't count.

What are you reading?

1 comment:

  1. Over Christmas, I ALSO read the Laurie Notaro Christmas book (SUCKED compared to her other books).

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...