Tuesday, January 26, 2010

RA...

Here's the deal...

I've just been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. I know that what I should probably do is give a call to all my loved ones who care about me and tell them individually but I have phone phobia (no, seriously) and the idea of having individual conversations about ME, no matter how well meaning and kind, gives me the heeby jeebies, so if you're hearing it here for the first time, I'm sorry. I just can't do the phone calls.

I've been in progressively more pain for over a year and finally found a doctor who knew what was going on. It's going to be a challenge, but this week I'm feeling optimistic. I even finally had an answer when Zack asked me "Mom, why do you ALWAYS have a doctor's appointment on Friday (my day off)?"

I'm only blogging about this because I just may mention it a time or two and I'm interested to hear from anyone else who suffers from RA.

Love and smooches!




5 comments:

  1. Now that you know what's wrong you can focus on feeling better.

    P.S. I am with you on the phone phobia thing, the internet has been my social salvation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah, that's shitty. At least you know what it is, though. I have a friend who has it and she has found relief in acupuncture. I think it took her a while to find something which brought relief. I can put you in touch with her if you'd like. Let me know. She's two years older than we are, a teacher, lives in the Bay Area, has one child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay away from the salt, and given your meds, you're not supposed to be drinking either (this rule, I do not follow...). Also, there's a lot of chatter about nightshade veggies irritating it too, so tomatoes, bell peppers, eggplant, potatoes (chips, fries). Any excuse not to eat vegetables, right? - Missy

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.creakyjoints.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I totally know! People tease me for emailing big news such as pregnancy, birth, finding-out-it's-twins, etc., but there is just NO WAY I'm going to call!

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...