Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wednesday's Word and Blah Blah Blah...

I haven't blogged in a week (you're saying "thanks for pointing out the obvious") and I'm feeling rather blah about it. We went away this past weekend for some extra extended family visiting and now that we're home we're sort of in a funk. We miss our family that is far away and we're all having trouble getting into the swing of things. You'd think our trip would give me plenty of blog fodder but whenever we come back from visiting I don't feel like talking about it (that would be sadness Amanda). I'll post some pictures when I get them edited.

One bright light in the past couple of days has been getting the kids' report cards. They did even better than last quarter. I couldn't be prouder of them. It's my job as Mom to brag and gush. Neither of them remembered much (yet) about the deal we had last quarter and I'm glad because I'd owe Zack $25 and Skyler $46. Holy crap good grades are expensive. I may give it to them anyway. They certainly worked hard.

Now for Wednesday's word:

hypnagogic: Of, pertaining to, or occurring in the state of drowsiness preceding sleep.

I can tell you this, driving in the car for twelve hours with the sun shining in and Matt driving is hypnagogic for me. I took two naps on Monday and would have taken more had the three other passengers not decided that the exact moment of my best REM sleep was the best moment to rock out to Black Eyed Peas. Love them, I do.

Oh I have a trivia question for you!

How many CD rotations of The Black Eyed Peas, Lady Gaga, The Zack Brown Band, and Pink in a twelve hour period does it take to make Mommy's ears bleed?

4 comments:

  1. I'm gonna say one rotation. :)

    So, when are you guys moving up north?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure but that's a pretty damn good line-up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure but that's a pretty damn good line-up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Know!! I Know!!!
    Exactly 0.00000045729 rotations!!!
    What is my prize????

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...