Monday, March 29, 2010

Beep Beep. Watch Out For My Scooter...

Last week was pretty horrible RA wise. My doctor had me purposely miss a dose of my medication and Holy Joint Pain Batman, symptoms were back in full force and then some. I was limping and cringing at the idea of going grocery shopping. When it got to the point that I was imagining the future me tooling around the grocery store in one of those scooters and I actually thought that sounded better than walking all the way to the dairy section that I realized that this is sucktastic and this is my life.

Thankfully I had a follow-up with my Rheumatologist scheduled for Friday. She took one look at me and said "oh your disease is fully active and you're having a flare". REALLY? So now I know that the medications work and that stopping them is a horrible horrible thought. She upped my dose, did blood work to make sure my liver is tolerating all the poison well, and sent me on my way. I'm supposed to take my meds at night, but you know I was dry swallowing them in the pharmacy!

By Sunday I could tell the difference. Today I'm not limping around my office wincing at every movement. I still feel it lurking, but it's no longer as bad as last week.

5 comments:

  1. Ew that's sucktastic indeed! Hope your meds keep working!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. What a nightmare <3 I would have been choking down those pills before I even got to my car too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds horrible, glad you are back on the meds and they seem to be working. But that really sucks that you need them so much, hopefully the flare will not last too long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. See drugs can be good. Why on earth did the Dr want you to miss a dose. Oh I know, cause he has no !@#$%^&*clue what that pain is like!!!! I think you need to prop yourself up in bed and read a good book!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you deal with that. Thank God for modern medicine.

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...