Wednesday, March 03, 2010

To Give or Keep...

We've got snow on the ground this morning. I decided to give myself a two-hour delay and drive the kids to school. This meant that they had more time than usual to act out their love and admiration for each other (HA!). At one point Skyler came stomping up the stairs begging to give her brother away to another family and asking for a sister. I told her that she'd fight worse with a sister, that was the way of it. She cried that her brother was terribly mean and could we PLEASE give him away. I told her I'd think about it.

Two minutes later Zack comes up the stairs, looks at me all puffy faced and says "Mom, Skyler said *voice crack* that you were giving me away? *tears*" Oh Zachary. You have such a huge loving heart but you are such a beast to your sister. There were hugs and kisses and proclamations that I would never give him away, that my heart would break in a million pieces if he were anywhere but right here with me. But please PLEASE be kind to your sister. PLEASE!

I'm certain they'll be at it again this afternoon. It's a wonder I arrive back in my driveway each afternoon with this to look forward to.

1 comment:

  1. Mine are 3 and 5 and fight like rabid dogs already. I know it lasts a long time, my brother and I fought until we were in high school. Ugh. Just listening to you tell it, knowing your kids are a few years ahead of mine, makes me crazy. I just want it to end NOW.

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...