Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Changing Room Ruminations...

Do you have a changing room method?  When you go to try on clothes do you have a process?  I'm just checking to see how weird I am.

I went to Old Navy at lunch time to find some pants to fit because getting myself dressed in the morning is becoming a traumatizing experience.  I am currently in the oh so easy to find size of 12+/14-.  I was quite happy when I found some pants similar to the ones that my friend Ashley recommended here.  I brought five or six pair of bottoms  into the dressing room where the nice young girl takes them from me, unlocks the dressing room door, and hangs one item on each of the hooks along the back wall making each item slightly overlap the other.  This is where I realized that I have a method that she had screwed up (not her fault) and began to wonder if I'm weird (shut it Matt).

When I enter a dressing room, I like for there to be at least three hooks.  Old Navy has a good five so that's nice.  I hang all items on one  hook, if possible, in the order in which I want to try them on, with the first in front.  As I decide whether or not I like an item, it goes either on the like hook or the dislike hook (also known as the this-doesn't-fit-me-either hook).  At the end of the exercise I typically have all items on the dislike hook, maybe if I'm lucky one on the like hook.  I hand the dislikes to the attendant and off I go with my likes.  I don't get sizes mixed up.  It's all nicely organized.

So tell me, do you have a method?  How weird am I?


9 comments:

  1. I do the same thing although my hooks are labeled... "definitely" and "hell no", aka "yay it fit" and "hell it is too small". K. Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing. If there's an extra hook, it's a "Maybe - let me see how the rest of this goes" hook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing! There have to be piles, otherwise how do you know what you've already tried on and what is still to be tried!? You are not crazy. Or maybe we're both crazy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The places with two hooks suck. And a bench is necessary for my pocketbook and the clothes I just took off. You're not weird. I HATE when attendants put stuff in the room for me. I spend the first 5 minutes rearranging before I can even begin to try things on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You forgot the hysterical cry/laughter sound that one makes when a garment looks truly ridiculous on the body. I also make that sound when my boobs get stuck in a dress.

    Other than that you got the dressing room routine just right ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate to say it but you are just like me!! However I have the"oh shit and not only no but hell no" pile on the floor. By this time I have gotten so pissed and anxious that I'm sweating bullets, hair drooping and I give up totally. So, my dear niece, you are NOT weird.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same exact thing - my maybe is just to stick it behind all the rest and hope it looks better after all the other crap looks like hell.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do it exactly the same way! Either you are normal or we're both insane :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup, I do the same thing. If I have two hooks I use one to hold the clothes yet to be tried on and the other to hold the clothes I tried on, with the yeses in the front and the nos in the back. Then when I'm done I separate them onto the yes hook and the no hook and reevaluate the yeses again, just in case.

    Amazing I even remember. I think I've tried on clothes about 4 times in a store since having kids.

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...