Wednesday, April 21, 2010

You Dumb Goose...


For the past three years, this pair of dumb geese has made their nest in the middle of my office parking lot.  The office is in an area that has lots of green grass and waterways nearby, but each year Mrs. Goose chooses this busy parking lot and Mr. Goose spends weeks on high-alert chasing employees down and hissing at cars.  This year someone took pity on them (or on unsuspecting employees) and blocked off the adjoining two parking spaces.  When I arrive in the morning, there are but a few cars in the lot.  If I have to drive between Mr. Goose and his sight line of Mrs. Goose to get to my parking space, he attacks my car.  There have been several days when I thought that I hit him because he came rushing up so fast.  Clearly goose fatherhood makes him believe he his invincible.

Silly Geese...

6 comments:

  1. Clearly you've been goosed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! Thanks for the helpful arrows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I worked retail the geese would return to our massive parking lot every spring. It was a very busy parking lot and needless to say there were fatalities. A bereaved goose wandered the strip mall for an entire season looking at his reflection in the glass, thinking it was his partner.

    They may be stupid, but they sure are loyal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hysterical! I love all the comments above, also, especially, "You've been goosed." It's just their fowl instinct that keeps them in the wrong place at the wrong time."

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...