Thursday, May 20, 2010

Bloggers Without Makeup...

Bloggers Without Makeup is a meme from the other side of that great big ocean the Atlantic. My bloggy friend, Kelly from Heathen Family Revival found it via some of her bloggy buddies and I felt compelled to play along.  

The idea is to demonstrate to our kids that we are all beautiful the way we are, in natural form.  I admit that I usually wear makeup but I'm not obsessive about it.  I always wear it to work but it's a 50/50 shot whether I bother on the weekends.   I might wear it to a soccer game or I might not.  I would never check my face to go to the grocery store.  Skyler LOVES my makeup and is desperate to wear some.  I think she sees it as another form of art expression though.  She thinks it's fun and pretty and loves the colors.  SHE wants to wear it, she doesn't give a damn whether I do or not.  Zack prefers me without makeup.  Matt says I'm beautiful no matter what.  Isn't my family cool?

Here's me without makeup.  I am deficient in the ability to take self-portraits so this is what you get!


Skyler sees a camera and she has to put her face in front of it.


Who else would like to play along?
(#bloggerswithoutmakeup)

3 comments:

  1. You are both too cute!!! Your skin is so lovely Amanda. I really like those freckles.

    Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The great thing is we were blessed with freckles. They are beautiful in and of themselves. Just look in the mirror and see what happens when you put them on a beautiful face! Not to mention they POP in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm like you, take it or leave it but usually wear it when going somewhere semi-important. Other days it's an if-I-have-time thing. ALWAYS wear mascara though. My blonde eyelashes make my eyes look sunken w/o it. Love the pictures. You are incredibly lucky to have such gorgeous freckles.

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...