Thursday, May 27, 2010

Stay Away From the Ice Cream...

I was reading this blog, which is HIGH-lar-i-ous by the by, where she says "only old people and sex offenders drive ice cream trucks".  OMG people.  I HATE when an ice cream truck drives down our street and I never let the kids near it.  Matt thinks I'm a complete lunatic because I say that only sex offenders drive ice cream trucks.  Well, Matt thinks I'm a complete lunatic for a lot of reasons but this one is on the list.  I get this eerie sex offender/pied piper feeling when I hear the music announcing the truck of doom driving our way.

Am I right or am I crazy?  Ice cream trucks are creepy no? The only thing worse is if it were being driven by a clown.



7 comments:

  1. Melissa HodgdonMay 27, 2010 11:26 AM

    You are not crazy! I totally agree. I kind of feel the same way about people that drive old school vans...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a KOOK! High School Girls drive our ice cream truck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter and her next door buddies totally flagged down the ice cream man the other day, not only breaking several long standing household rules, but also proving beyond a shadow of a doubt what I have long suspected. Creepiness confirmed. Warbly, broken record-esque version of Pop-Goes-the-Weasel is like a pedophile bat signal. The guy wouldn't even make eye contact with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG We always got ice cream from the truck. My complaint was the price. Granted I never let them go alone but really who would want to abduct all those loud neighborhood kids clamoring at the window, screaming out their selection before it was their turn? The easiest thing to do is walk up to the truck and ask "You aren't a sex offender are you?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can think of when I see the ice cream truck is "...What up Big Perm-I mean Big Worm..."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tell my boys that it's a music truck, this way it never has to stop at our house.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I swear our local ice cream trucks sell drugs! One time my husband let the kids get an ice cream bar... the wrapper said it expired in 2009. EEK!

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...