Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Girl Who...

I put off reading the three book series starting with The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo because I had heard that it was a translation and that maybe it would be hard to read.  I finally started it up (Kindle) and got sucked right into the story.  The story takes place in Sweden so yes I had trouble with some of the names and descriptions but the story was fantastic.

Then I went on to read the next book in the series The Girl Who Played With Fire.  This book has the same cast of characters but it's a much better, fast paced story.  It's been my favorite.  I blasted right through it and was desperate for more.




The third book, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest,  promised to take off where the second left and it did but it just doesn't have the same catching excitement as the other two.  I'm half done and am still waiting for the good stuff.  I have faith that it will catch up to the other two and go out with a bang.





This is what I've been reading for the past several days.  I've got a few library books on stand-by.  Looks like I'm on a roll breaking out of the May book ho-hums.  Tell me if you've read these and what you thought.  Please mark your comment with a spoiler alert in case others haven't read these yet.  I can't believe that there are people out there who haven't as all three books have been in amazon's top 100 for ever now.


4 comments:

  1. My husband just read the first two books and he is encouraging me to follow suit. I have a serious disability when it comes to reading fiction. We'll see if I get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was lame me who had a hard time with the book. I wasn't focused. Maybe I will try it again sometime.

    If the author is dead (after the first book or during it he died?) then how are they publishing more and more?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way I understand it he wrote all three and promptly died. They published them after his death.

    I can see how you have to be in the mood to read these books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My MIL sent me the first book out of nowhere, and I had never heard of it, so I haven't opened it yet. But I'm starting to here more and more good things about it, so maybe I'll give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...