Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day...

Dearest Matthew,

I know I'm not the type of wife that dishes out loads of complements and makes you feel big and tall on a daily basis. I'm more the type that nags about things not being done and when are our plans to get them done. But I want you to know that I know from the bottom of my heart that you are a wonderful father.

You don't just sign our kids up for sports, you coach their teams, and frequently drive carpool to and from practice. You don't tell them to do their homework, you do it with them. You sit and play games or just snuggle with them, whichever they need. You are always the giant in the pool tossing them about encouraged by their squeels of glee.

I watch all these things and know that you were the perfect person to be their father. They will grow up to ask your opinion, to look to you for guidance and to gauge whether they are doing a good job. Through you they are learning the right way to treat the love in their life and what a good dad looks like.

Each year we spend as a family we take on new challenges, new jobs, new schools, new illnesses, it's never a dull moment. But we do it together and it all turns out alright.

I'll love you forever. Thank you for being you!



4 comments:

  1. I just love love, don't you? Happy Father's Day to Matt today. You've got two lucky kids because of him. (And because of you, too, but we'll stick with him today since it is Father's Day...) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww your so sweet! Happy Fathers Day to not only a wonderful Dad but Uncle too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (sniff, sniff) I love him too...

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...