Tuesday, June 08, 2010

MOM! Watch this...

Geez I'm so lax at posting lately I'm surprised I have any readers left.  Last week was kooky.  Matt was out of town, the kids were rife with power, it was hotter than hell, and I was not going to get my usual weekend naps in.  BAH!

Clearly I'm here to tell the tale.  We all made it through.   We probably ate more meals outside the house than in any weekend previous but what's a pain-stricken Mommy to do?

My first plan on Saturday was to wear them out.  I suggested going over to the pool.  My kids are lucky enough to have an Olympic sized neighborhood pool that I don't make them vacuum or skim and all their friends hang out there.  You'd think they'd be thrilled.  NO.  Captain Crabby Pants, upon hearing that his sister was excited to go, decided that going to the pool was akin to swimming in hot lava and there was no way I was going to make him.  Since he weighs more than I can move I had to wait him out.  I puttered around the house and finally said I was going to get lunch.  Skyler and I secretly packed the car with pool stuff and drove right there after lunch.  CCP was PISSED.  The best part was that it was too hot to sit in the car.  It was too hot to sit in a lawn chair.  Eventually he had to take his bathing suit, put it on, and suffer the fiery pool of lava.  He won't admit that he had fun the four hours that he was there, but he did.  He's such a stubborn pain in the butt.  Sunday he was actually interested in going. HA HA.  Mom 1 Zack 4,690,094

Guess how many times a kid will shout "Mom!  Watch this!" while in the pool for four hours.  Go ahead.  Guess.  The answer is somewhere around 4, 680. 

I'm changing my name.

3 comments:

  1. Is there anything more irritating than a child who refuses to participate in fun? It's like they are trying to be adults or something ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, so its not just MY kids that do that? I thought I was the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My oldest is just like that!! (I was going to add "Stubborn butt-head.", but then I realized that since I just said my son was just like your son, I'd also kind of be calling YOUR son a butt-head, and that seemed like poor manners.)

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...