Friday, June 18, 2010

Too Much of a Good Thing...

We have this sort of inside family joke that Matt and the kids love me just a little bit too much.  All three of them fight over who gets to sit next to me and who gets the first hug or snuggle or hand holding.  I frequently say that the three of them together suck the life out of me.  I also try to tell them "really, I'm not that cool".

Last night I came up with a visual representation of love sucking the life out of you and leaving you warn and ragged.

Several years ago I bought Zack a stuffed zebra.  It was his favorite lovie and so I went and bought a back-up.   Parenting 101, if your child can't sleep without something, buy a second one, just in case.  Zeeby is Zebra #1.  He is insanely well loved.  Zelda is back-up.  She's spent most of her time in the closet.


Do you see the difference?  Do you see how all the love has left Zeeb all raggedy?  He's had surgery.  His legs are floppy.  His stuffing is less than flluffy.  But he is SO loved.  Obsessively loved.  Before having kids I was Zelda.  Now I'm Zeeby.




4 comments:

  1. Oh, I think I'd rather be Zeeby anyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think being Zeeby is a bad thing. Sure your fur might not be as smooth, but look at how loved you are. Zelda may look great, but she hasnt learned much about life living at the top of the closet...

    of course Zelda probably looks better in a bikini...

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...