Monday, July 12, 2010

Crafty Girl...

Skyler received a bracelet-making kit as a prize for best hula hooper at a birthday party this weekend and spent the better part of that evening begging me to show her how to make bracelets.  I wasn't in the mood, but this child is a craftaholic so I gave in, flipped through the guide, and suddenly remembered how fun making friendship bracelets was as a kid.  I never had much patience for super intricate designs so I chose the easiest one I could remember to teach her.  We used some of the basic thread from her kit while I got my groove back and then I decided to fully commit and we went hunting for the three boxes of cross-stitch floss I had stashed in the garage.
Zack quickly started begging for a bracelet and then Skyler wanted to know how to do it herself (up until then she was happily watching me make a bracelet for her).  The kids had fun pulling out their favorite colors and the better Skyler got at it (she's a natural) the longer her list of bracelet recipients got.  I think she has plans to stick me in a friendship bracelet making sweatshop. 

Skyler's first creation which she sweetly bestowed up on me and my keychain.

One of my own creations that I was allowed to keep because it was too big for anyone Sky had on her list.


I have no intentions of showing her the crazy patterns you can make these things into. She'd never let me see the light of day if she knew...

2 comments:

  1. The pics didn't come through! I want to see the creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You actually found something in the garage?!?!?!? WOW... ;)

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...